Zimbabwe is a country with a rich cultural heritage, breathtaking landscapes, and abundant wildlife. Here are some of the best places to visit in Zimbabwe:
1. Victoria Falls: One of the most iconic natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls is a must-visit destination. Marvel at the awe-inspiring waterfall, go on thrilling activities like white-water rafting or bungee jumping and take in the stunning views of the surrounding national parks.
2. Hwange National Park: As Zimbabwe’s largest national park, Hwange is renowned for its diverse wildlife population, including elephants, lions, giraffes, and more. Embark on game drives, or guided walks, or even visit the park’s waterholes for incredible wildlife encounters.
3. Great Zimbabwe Ruins: Discover the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest ancient structure south of the Sahara. Explore the ruins of this historical site and learn about the rich history and culture of the Zimbabwean people.
4. Mana Pools National Park: Located along the Zambezi River, Mana Pools National Park is a paradise for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. Enjoy incredible game viewing, canoeing adventures, and walking safaris amidst the park’s stunning landscapes.
5. Matobo National Park: Known for its unique rock formations and ancient San rock art, Matobo National Park offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural significance. Explore the granite hills, go on guided rhino-tracking excursions, and visit the burial site of Cecil John Rhodes.
6. Eastern Highlands: Experience the scenic beauty of Zimbabwe’s Eastern Highlands, characterized by misty mountains, waterfalls, and lush greenery. Enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, birdwatching, and trout fishing in destinations like Nyanga National Park and Chimanimani National Park.
7. Lake Kariba: Embark on a relaxing getaway to Lake Kariba, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. Enjoy boat cruises, fishing trips, and wildlife viewing along the shores, with the opportunity to spot hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
8. Matobo Hills: Explore the stunning granite formations and unique flora and fauna of the Matobo Hills. Take in the breathtaking views, hike to ancient rock art sites, and encounter a diverse range of wildlife, including rhinos, leopards, and antelopes.
These are just a few of the many incredible places to visit in Zimbabwe. Each destination offers its own unique attractions and experiences, showcasing the country’s natural beauty, rich history, and wildlife wonders.