Amendment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Your purchase does not automatically guarantee a reservation. Your purchase will be confirmed via email within one to two business days. The cancellation fee policy will take effect once we submit your reservation. If your purchase cannot be confirmed for any reason, we will fully refund your purchase without any additional charges. We recommend each customer read and review the cancellation policy and consider purchasing a Travel Insurance policy.
- Amendments to the itinerary cannot be made after tour departure.
- Changes to the itinerary before departure may be subject to new rates.
- Any amendment should be communicated via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What CAN be Refunded:
- Some tours may require a minimum number of travelers to operate. The affected traveler will be fully refunded or may choose a similar tour product as a substitute. Should this occur, it would be under very rare circumstances.
- Please note that the product substitute chosen by the traveler may be equivalent to or more expensive than the original product and therefore may be subject to an additional cost.
- Any additional refunds based on extenuating circumstances will depend on the individual circumstance.
What CAN NOT be Refunded:
- All hotel and tour schedules are arranged ahead of time. Any person failing to appear on the day of departure will not be refunded.
- No refund will be given for any portions of the tour unused by the traveler after tour departure regardless of circumstances.
- Airfare is completely non-refundable and non-changeable for tours when airfare is included in the final price.
- Hotel extensions and Instant Confirmation products (admission tickets, city passes, etc.) cannot be exchanged or refunded once confirmed.
The Cancellation Policies listed below apply to all reservations unless the tour booked has specific rates or fees listed under “Special Notes.” Please carefully review the “Special Notes” of your tour prior to booking. Please know that Dream Africa Tours will always adhere to individual tour policies when applicable.
Cancellation Made Within
0 – 10 days prior to departure
Any amount paid is non-refundable.
10 days – 1 Year prior to departure
A credit note, valid for one year and equal to the amount paid, will be issued with no cancellation charges.
More than 1 year prior to the date of departure
The full amount paid will be refunded less 3.5% transaction charges
- The notification day and departure day are NOT counted. Eg. If the tour departure day is June 4th, we receive the official cancellation request on June 1st, it will be counted as 2 days prior to the departure date.
- If a tour is scheduled to depart within the next 10 days, we will not offer a refund.
- All cancellations must be made directly with Dream Africa Tours , not with any 3rd Party Service Provider. On cancellation
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
- Refunds will only be made to the person that made the initial payment.
- In the event of a refund, any associated transaction fee will be deducted from the overall refund amount, with a minimum 3.5% transaction fee.
- The refund amount can also be credited directly to your account for future bookings without any transaction fee.
- Credit Notes are Valid for 1 year from the issue date.
- Credit notes are transferable.
- Please note that the tour substitute chosen by the traveler may be more expensive than the original tour and therefore may be subject to an additional cost.
- The validity period of the credit note can be extended beyond one year if the exact travel dates are communicated before the expiration of the initial one-year period from the cancellation date.
How to Cancel a Reservation
We will process your cancellation/refund request within one to seven business days. We will NOT acknowledge any verbal / over-the-phone request or voicemail. Verbally speaking with our customer service representatives without email will not guarantee that your cancellation has been processed or acknowledged. Please make sure to email us for cancellation requests with your reservation number.
If the refund is approved as per our Refund Policy, the following shall apply.
On approval, the refunds and timelines are as follows.
Refund Time (Once Refund Is Processed)
7-14 business days
Credit/ Debit Card
7-14 business days
Cash / Mobile Money
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please
contact us at email@example.com